Skip to main content

Emerging Standards

Meeting
ImmDS + HALO
Date
Thursday, September 3, 2026
Time
3:00 PM America/New_York
Status Closed

Meeting Information

All ImmDS + HALO Meetings
Meeting between AIRA and HLN to support implementation of a new CDS solution that realizes the new ImmDS + HALO standard.

Chair: Nathan Bunker

Attendance

Haven't signed in for this meeting yet?

Sign in for this meeting →
Topic / Time Agenda Presenter(s)
Welcome and Introductions Current topic
3:00 PM–3:05 PM
5 min
Welcome
Introductions
Notes
  • Report on progress
  • Need to talk about PSS
  • Overall timeline for balloting
3:05 PM–3:25 PM
20 min
Notes
  • Chris is showing the work he is doing on StepIntoCDSi to create a client interface.
  • The new interface shows the content and he was able to connect to HLN's solution, and has it working.
  • Discussion about what is being returned
    • Forecast Status is a temporary code, but need to talk about a reason list that we might want to couple list
    • Don't want to deviate from what we are doing today. Reason will provide more detail.
    • It would be nice to have an example binding in the proposal. Values hosted on hl7.org.
    • Forecast Status needs to be standardized. Reason could be more open.
    • Are there other mappings, reason codes have been used for a long time. Needs to be broader conversation.
    • FHIR can support sending more than one code, that allows for sending a standard one and then adding legacy ones.
    • We need to have discussion about Forecast Status and Forecast Reason
    • Conditional is a status that ICE uses but is not in the LOINC list.
    • Not Available, means that it's not supported. For example: Rabies. ICE doesn't support this. This is in the context of forecasting.
    • Need to discuss how to message what concepts are supported and which are not.
    • Conditional is a way to flag to the end user to consider circumstances and conditions.
    • What would ICE do in the future if they had a recommendation for someone they knew who needed, would the output be "conditional".
    • There is a concern about using the strength of the recommendation versus what is recommended.
    • CDSi project does not have "conditional". They have "complete" and no dates are generated. "not recommended" means between seasons. "not complete" is pretty lumpy, everything that has a date goes in that category. Someone at-risk would be "not complete" and the recommendation category would be "risk". For reason there is not a set of reason codes.
    • If there is a contraindication, you would want to be able to rely that back. Maybe "Contraindicated" reason is "allergic to neomycin".
  • Extensions are being used because they are not in the specification. Need to move these into the specification.
  • Talking about tickets that have been opened early on. Schedule Authority cardinality, placement of schedule authority, two tickets on Recommendation and two on Evaluation. Vaccine code has a conflated definition.
  • New client is hosted here: https://informatics.immregistries.org/step/iceSandbox
  • Chris is going to work on displaying more of the values.
  • Open FHIR tickets are here:
  • Discussion on the PSS
    • https://jira.hl7.org/browse/PSS-2764
    • Doesn't discuss HALO/risk-based information.
    • Do we need to mention FHIR r6? Yes.
    • This is more up-to-date language: https://confluence.hl7.org/spaces/PHWG/pages/230556918/Immunization+Decision+Support
    • There was a discussion about whether we needed new PSS or not. The discussion before was that we had an open PSS and we didn't need one, but because we are going to international from US only that this would be good.
    • We are changing, more like expanding our scope.
  • Balloting would really be of help to HLN, the sooner we get this to ballot the better.
  • Technical item: need to load up current technical details of what the payload would include and send to the group
  • Review the list of tickets and compare with what our plan is and update them and prepare for the meeting next Friday
  • Contextual Conditions in IVC, that needs to be figured out.
Outcomes
  • We need to have discussion about Forecast Status and Forecast Reason
  • Need to discuss how to message what concepts are supported and which are not.
  • Technical item: need to load up current technical details of what the payload would include and send to the group
  • Review the list of tickets and compare with what our plan is and update them and prepare for the meeting next Friday
Wrap Up Current topic
3:25 PM–3:30 PM
5 min
Next steps
Next topics